Field Stone - Midnight
Field stone is a classic natural stone profile. The authentic rugged character captured in this pattern is truly remarkable. The timeless shapes and textures of Black Bear Mountain Stone field stone are reminiscent of stones found on farms across the country. Field stone is also known as random rock and is commonly combined with other patterns such as ledge stone to create an old-style rustic look. Field stone is a stone veneer product measuring 1" to 2" thick and therefore thinner than traditional stone siding for easier, lighter handling. All our manufactured stone veneer products are suitable for interior applications such as stone accent walls or stone fireplaces as well as exterior applications such as stone veneer siding. Field stone is available in boxes of 10 square foot flats, boxes of 6 lineal foot matching corners, and 150 square foot bulk crates.
Stone Flat Dimensions and Prices:
Length: 5.5" to 14"
Height: 5.5" to 14"
Thickness: 1" to 2"
$8.49 per square foot for 150 square foot bulk crate
$8.99 per square foot for 10 square foot box
Corner Dimensions and Prices:
Short side: 3" to 4"
Long side: 10" to 12"
Height: varies to match stone style
$10.99 per lineal foot for corners
- Premium Manufacturing: To ensure you get the best stone veneer, Black Bear Mountain Stone strictly monitors every step of the production process for quality control.
- Enduring Appearance: Made with Color Lock Technology, the face color has bonding agents in it to help protect against fading from harsh environmental conditions, cleaners, and even pressure washing (see installation and maintenance documents for more information).
- Application Options: Suitable for interior and exterior installations, you can put stone veneer everywhere from the outside of your house to your living room.
- No Sweat Installation: Grooves raked onto the back of every stone to provide a sure grip to the wall and a quick installation.
- Post-Purchase Support: Backed by a 50 year limited warranty, an excellent long-term investment for your home.
- American Made: High quality stone veneer siding made in the USA.
- Free Shipping: All Black Bear Mountain Stone orders ship for free in the continental USA.
Field stone is an individual stone product and is installed piece by piece. The individual stones will vary in size, shape, and thickness. In order to achieve the desired natural stone finish as shown in our images it is up to the installer to arrange the individual stones in the correct pattern and install each stone one at a time. This product is made of Portland cement and we recommend installing using a Type S mortar.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is the midnight field stone able to be sealed to make it look even darker?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. A concrete sealer is not required, however, sealing with a concrete sealer will add protection especially over the mortar joints. Please keep in mind that different concrete sealers will affect the appearance of the stone veneer. A matte (or flat) finish will have little to know impact to the finished look of the stone veneer whereas a gloss finish will darken the stone veneer and have a wet look. We recommend testing your concrete sealer on a piece of stone veneer that has not been installed to ensure you are happy with the finished appearance after applying concrete sealer. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
We are wanting to use this stone veneer for the underpinning of our mobile home. How do we calculate how much we need?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. The easiest way to determine the square footage of stone veneer flats you will need is to measure the length and to measure the height of area you will be installing our stone veneer on and multiply them together to get the total square footage of stone veneer flats needed for your project. Corners are not required but they offer a professional finish by wrapping perfectly around a 90 degree outside corner. If you decide to use corners you will need to calculate the lineal feet required by simply measuring the height of all outside corners. Please feel free to email us the dimensions of your project at email@example.com and we can help you estimate the number of corners and flats you will need to complete your project. Please let us know if you have any more questions.