Ledge Stone - Aspen
Ledge stone is made up of a variety of irregular shapes and sizes and roughly textured to create its rugged appeal. This versatile pattern will create a dramatic impression on the interior or exterior of your next project. This profile was created using a unique blend of natural stones. Ledge stone can also be blended with field stone to create an old-style rustic look. Ledge stone is a stone veneer product measuring 1" to 2" thick and therefore thinner than traditional stone siding for easier, lighter handling. All our manufactured stone veneer products are suitable for interior applications such as stone accent walls or stone fireplaces as well as exterior applications such as stone veneer siding. Ledge stone is available in boxes of 10 square foot flats, boxes of 7.5 lineal foot matching corners, and 150 square foot bulk crates.
Stone Flat Dimensions:
Length: 5" to 18"
Height: 1" to 4"
Thickness: 1" to 2"
$7.99 per sq. ft. for 150 sq. ft. bulk crate
$8.49 per sq. ft. for 10 sq. ft. box
Short side: 3" to 4"
Long side: 10" to 12"
Height: varies to match stone style
$10.49 per lineal ft.
- Premium Manufacturing: To ensure you get the best stone veneer, Black Bear Mountain Stone strictly monitors every step of the production process for quality control.
- Enduring Appearance: Made with Color Lock Technology, the face color has bonding agents in it to help protect against fading from harsh environmental conditions, cleaners, and even pressure washing (see installation and maintenance documents for more information).
- Application Options: Suitable for interior and exterior installations, you can put stone veneer everywhere from the outside of your house to your living room.
- No Sweat Installation: Grooves raked onto the back of every stone to provide a sure grip to the wall and a quick installation.
- Post-Purchase Support: Backed by a 50 year limited warranty, an excellent long-term investment for your home.
- American Made: High quality stone veneer siding made in the USA.
- Free Shipping: All Black Bear Mountain Stone orders ship for free in the continental USA.
Ledge stone is an individual stone product and is installed piece by piece. The individual stones will vary in size, shape, and thickness. In order to achieve the desired natural stone finish as shown in our images it is up to the installer to arrange the individual stones in the correct pattern and install each stone one at a time. This product is made of Portland cement and we recommend installing using a Type S mortar.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hello, I am building a new fireplace surround that is 6 feet wide and 8 feet tall. I put Hardie backer board down on the studs. Now I am waiting for my stone veneer (ledge stone aspen). Based on a prior fireplace surround project (but with stone tiles vs. a stone veneer) I was planning to use either liquid nails heavy duty (LN-903) or extreme heavy duty (LN-907). Some DIY pages say I need to use an S-type mortar with wire drilled into the cement board, then a scratch coat applied before I can even begin adhering the veneer. This seemed like overkill for a small interior project, so I am reaching out to you to see if it is acceptable to proceed with my plan of liquid nails. Thanks for the help.
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. For the surface prep, which is the most important step, you can install over drywall, but you will need to install a moisture barrier and then wire lath over that. Make sure nails or screws for wire lath hit studs to ensure a good foundation. Your scratch coat goes over the wire and then the stone. We recommend our stone veneer and brick veneer be installed with Type S mortar. Mortar is recommended for installation opposed to adhesive as mortar is cheaper then adhesive, and when installing with an adhesive you have to hold the stone in place until the adhesive sets which really slows down installation time, where as mortar instantly holds. The installation instructions can be downloaded at https://blackbearmountainstone.com/pages/post-purchase-support. Please let us know if you have any more questions.