Field Stone - Ozark
Field stone is a classic natural stone profile. The authentic rugged character captured in this pattern is truly remarkable. The timeless shapes and textures of Black Bear Mountain Stone field stone are reminiscent of stones found on farms across the country. Field stone is also known as random rock and is commonly combined with other patterns such as ledge stone to create an old-style rustic look. Field stone is a stone veneer product measuring 1" to 2" thick and therefore thinner than traditional stone siding for easier, lighter handling. All our manufactured stone veneer products are suitable for interior applications such as stone accent walls or stone fireplaces as well as exterior applications such as stone veneer siding. Field stone is available in boxes of 10 square foot flats, boxes of 6 lineal foot matching corners, and 150 square foot bulk crates.
Stone Flat Dimensions and Prices:
Length: 5.5" to 14"
Height: 5.5" to 14"
Thickness: 1" to 2"
$8.49 per square foot for 150 square foot bulk crate
$8.99 per square foot for 10 square foot box
Corner Dimensions and Prices:
Short side: 3" to 4"
Long side: 10" to 12"
Height: varies to match stone style
$10.99 per lineal foot for corners
- Premium Manufacturing: To ensure you get the best stone veneer, Black Bear Mountain Stone strictly monitors every step of the production process for quality control.
- Enduring Appearance: Made with Color Lock Technology, the face color has bonding agents in it to help protect against fading from harsh environmental conditions, cleaners, and even pressure washing (see installation and maintenance documents for more information).
- Application Options: Suitable for interior and exterior installations, you can put stone veneer everywhere from the outside of your house to your living room.
- No Sweat Installation: Grooves raked onto the back of every stone to provide a sure grip to the wall and a quick installation.
- Post-Purchase Support: Backed by a 50 year limited warranty, an excellent long-term investment for your home.
- American Made: High quality stone veneer siding made in the USA.
- Free Shipping: All Black Bear Mountain Stone orders ship for free in the continental USA.
Field stone is an individual stone product and is installed piece by piece. The individual stones will vary in size, shape, and thickness. In order to achieve the desired natural stone finish as shown in our images it is up to the installer to arrange the individual stones in the correct pattern and install each stone one at a time. This product is made of Portland cement and we recommend installing using a Type S mortar.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Could this stone be installed in an interior application using a masonry adhesive on a concrete backer board instead of mortar? Also, do you manufacture outside corner pieces?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. Our installation instructions can be downloaded at https://blackbearmountainstone.com/pages/post-purchase-support. For the surface prep, which is the most important step, you will need to install a moisture barrier and then install wire lath over that. Make sure the nails or screws for wire lath hit studs to ensure a good foundation. Your scratch coat goes over the wire lath and then the stone veneer. We recommend our stone veneer and brick veneer be installed with Type S mortar. Mortar is recommended for installation opposed to an adhesive as mortar is cheaper than adhesive, and when installing with an adhesive you must hold the stone in place until the adhesive sets which really slows down installation time, whereas mortar instantly holds. The easiest way to determine the square footage of stone veneer flats you will need is to measure the length and to measure the height of area you will be installing our stone veneer on and multiply them together to get the total square footage of stone veneer flats needed for your project. Corners are not required but they offer a professional finish by wrapping perfectly around a 90 degree outside corner. If you decide to use corners you will need to calculate the lineal feet required by simply measuring the height of all outside corners. On each product page there is a drop-down box titled size (to the right of the main product image), corners are listed as an option in the drop-down box. Please feel free to email us the dimensions of your project at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you estimate the number of corners and flats you will need to complete your project. Please let us know if you have any more questions.